See the latest Fresh press releases from the North East on smoking and tobacco.
We always aim to localise every press release we send out. To see your area's local version, email andy.lloyd@freshne,com
Showing: 201 - 210 of 291 view all Press Items
- Disney Ban on Smoking ASH Comment 27/07/07
- Disney ban on smoking - other film companies urged to follow suit
- Disney Ban on Smoking ASH Comment 27/07/07 read more
- Comment on Champix - Ailsa Rutter, Director, Fresh Smoke Free North East 25/07/07
- "The North East suffers from the worse health of any region in England, and smoking is the main cause. The NICE decision to approve the use of Champix is good news for the region and the seven out of ten smokers who want to quit. It is another weapon in the armoury of those wanting to stop and the evidence suggests it is the most effective treatment which has been yet been made available".
- Comment on Champix - Ailsa Rutter, Director, Fresh Smoke Free North East 25/07/07 read more
- NICE Approve Varenicline for Smoking Cessation 25/07/07
- NICE has today (25 July) issued guidance recommending varenicline (Champix) as an effective treatment for helping smokers to quit. The recommendations are:
- NICE Approve Varenicline for Smoking Cessation 25/07/07 read more
- Change in Age of Sales for Tobacco - Factsheets 23/07/07
- A change of age for tobacco. The Department of Health today launched a campaign to inform retailers and the public that the selling of tobacco products to under 18s will be illegal from October 1st.
- Change in Age of Sales for Tobacco - Factsheets 23/07/07 read more
- 1st July - England is Officially Smokefree 29/06/06
- At 6am today, July 1st 2007 England is now smokefree. The Health Act 2006 has now become law and virtually all enclosed public places and workplaces are now smokefree. 83% of North East believe it will positively affect the health of the region.
- 1st July - England is Officially Smokefree 29/06/06 read more
- North East Woman Retires After Devoting Her Life to Others 25/06/09
- A North East woman who has improved the lifestyles of thousands of people from across the region has decided to retire this year on her 67th birthday.
- North East Woman Retires After Devoting Her Life to Others 25/06/09 read more
- World Tobacco Day 25/06/07
- Support for smokefree pubs and bars is stronger in the North East than anywhere else in England, according to research published to mark World No Tobacco Day (31st May 07)
- World Tobacco Day 25/06/07 read more
- Myth Busters - The Truth Abouth Smokefree England 25/06/07
- MYTH - No one in England wants this Smokefree Legislation FACT - Office of National Statistics survey released 6th July 2006
- Myth Busters - The Truth Abouth Smokefree England 25/06/07 read more
- North East Provides Best Chance of Quitting Smoking 25/06/07
- The Healthcare Commission report findings show that the North East has the best performing NHS Primary Care Trusts (PCTs) in England, with almost 70% of the North East's PCTs achieving an excellent rating and the remainder achieving a 'good' rating.
- North East Provides Best Chance of Quitting Smoking 25/06/07 read more
- Help is at hand for smokers in the North East who may want to quit by July 1st 25/06/07
- With just over a month to go before England goes smokefree, help is at hand for those smokers who may want to beat their habit before the new law comes into force on July 1st. New research, from the NHS Smokefree campaign, shows that the legislation will be a big incentive to quit with 32% of smokers in the North East thinking it will help them to stop smoking.
- Help is at hand for smokers in the North East who may want to quit by July 1st 25/06/07 read more
Sign up for the e Newsletter