See the latest Fresh press releases from the North East on smoking and tobacco.
We always aim to localise every press release we send out. To see your area's local version, email andy.lloyd@freshne,com
Showing: 211 - 220 of 291 view all Press Items
- Timescale of Smokefree Law Worldwide 25/06/07
- At 6am on the first July 2007, the Health Act 2006 comes into force in England. This legislation means that smoking in virtually all enclosed public places and workplaces is to be prohibited by law.
- Timescale of Smokefree Law Worldwide 25/06/07 read more
- 73,000 Smokers in North East Quit on No Smoking Day 2007 - 08/06/07
- Figures released today show that 73,000 smokers in the North East (1 in 10) actually stopped smoking on last month?s No Smoking Day (14 March) and 121,000 smokers took a positive step towards stopping smoking.
- 73,000 Smokers in North East Quit on No Smoking Day 2007 - 08/06/07 read more
- North East one of the top performing regions for smokefree businesses 08/06/07
- 33% of England's smokefree businesses that have been awarded National Clean Air Awards are in the North East. Clearly businesses in our region are thriving on being smokefree.
- North East one of the top performing regions for smokefree businesses 08/06/07 read more
- House of Lords will go smokefree on 1st July 18/05/07
- From July 1st the new smokefree law will protect England's governers as well as the governed. The House of Lords has ended uncertainty and rumour and confirmed that the law will apply to those who voted it in as well.
- House of Lords will go smokefree on 1st July 18/05/07 read more
- Smokers in North East Quit on No Smoking Day 27/04/07
- 73,000 smokers in North East quit on No Smoking Day 2007
- Smokers in North East Quit on No Smoking Day 27/04/07 read more
- Budget 22 March 2007 - Comment by Ailsa Rutter 22/03/07
- "Overall we are delighted that VAT on Nicotine Replacement Therapy (NRT) will be reduced to 5% in 2008 as we know that 70% of smokers do wish to quit and NRT can greatly increase chances of quitting for good.
- Budget 22 March 2007 - Comment by Ailsa Rutter 22/03/07 read more
- Record Number of Smokers Predicted to Kick the Habit this No Smoking Day 13/03/07
- This No Smoking Day on March 14th, the region's NHS Stop Smoking Services are gearing up to help a record number of smokers quit - for good.
- Record Number of Smokers Predicted to Kick the Habit this No Smoking Day 13/03/07 read more
- Secondhand Smoke Increases Heart Disease Risk by a Third 14/02/2007
- Secondhand smoke exposure can increase the risk of heart disease by up to thirty percent, a recent British study has found.
- Secondhand Smoke Increases Heart Disease Risk by a Third 14/02/2007 read more
- North East smokers urged to 'send off' their final fags 24/01/07
- North East stop smoking services are urging New Year quitters not to lose their resolve as they face their toughest test. Two weeks on from New Year?s Day is the traditional time for most quit attempts to fail, but a new NHS campaign launching across the region aims to reassure smokers of the variety of free help available to them and encourage them to say goodbye to their habit for good.
- North East smokers urged to 'send off' their final fags 24/01/07 read more
- Join in To Quit Smoking 24/01/2007
- Commencing Saturday 27th January 2007, smokers who live in Newcastle can 'Join in to Quit' as Newcastle and North Tyneside NHS Stop Smoking Services offer the perfect opportunity to be free from the smoking habit.
- Join in To Quit Smoking 24/01/2007 read more
Sign up for the e Newsletter