- Healthy lives Healthy People - A Tobacco Control Plan for England" is the Government's National Tobacco Plan, published in March 2011.
- Public Health England marketing plan 2013-14
- The true risk of smoking and benefits of quitting are outlined in Global Effects of Smoking, of Quitting, and Taxing Tobacco, a paper in the New England Journal of Medicine
- The world's first public health treaty, the World Health Organization Framework Convention on Tobacco Control, took effect in February 2005. The treaty commits nations to implementing scientifically proven measures to reduce tobacco use and exposure to secondhand smoke.
- The Tobacco Atlas from the World Lung Foundation and American Cancer Society is a comprehensive study of the impact of tobacco around the globe
- Tobacco Free Kids website - excellent bank of resources, facts and stats for young people
- The Legacy Tobacco Documents Library contains more than 14 million documents (80+ million pages) created by major tobacco companies related to their advertising, manufacturing, marketing, sales, and scientific research activities.
- The Low Tar Lie - how big tobacco created the myth of the "healthier" cigarette
- The Action on Smoking and Health website has detailed briefings on many aspects of tobacco and electronic cigarettes
- (Sir)Richard Doll's 1950 paper Smoking and Carcinoma of the Lung revealing the link between smoking and lung cancer
- Tobacco Tactics aims to provide up-to-date information on the Tobacco Industry, its allies or those promoting a pro-tobacco agenda. The website explores how the industry influences and often distorts public health debates, using a whole raft of lobbying and public relations tacticsTobacconomics" is a report from ASH which shows how the tobacco industry uses dodgy data to try to de-rail public health policy
- Cough Up - the true cost of smoking to the UK (Policy Exchange)
- The Smoke filled room - how the tobacco industry tries to influence policy
- Passive smoking and children - download this comprehensive report from the Royal College of Physicians into the harm caused by smoking around children in cars and the cost to the NHS
- Cancer Research UK
- British Heart Foundation
- British Lung Foundation
- The Macular Society