Don't be the 1
The campaign ran in February and March 2014, and August and September 2014, consisting of:
• 60 second and 30 second TV adverts reaching around 1.4m North East adults per phase highlighting the impact of smoking related disease on families
• Advertising in 124 cinema screens across the North East
• Radio adverts on Metro Radio, TFM Radio, Sun FM, Real Radio and Smooth Radio, Magic 1170 and 1152.
• Dontbethe1.tv campaign website and online campaign engaging the public in thousands of responses via Facebook
• A localised PR package which featured a range of spokespeople - doctors warning about the dangers of continuing to smoke and former smokers who have suffered a health scare, or lost a loved one to smoking. This gained widespread coverage across regional TV, radio, print and online news.
• A campaign toolkit including key messages for health professionals during interventions, and web resources for partners - including images, banner adverts and screen for customer areas
• Poster artwork for GP surgeries and pharmacies and for local NHS Stop Smoking Services