Every Breath resulted in one of the largest rises in quitting the North East has ever seen through NHS Stop Smoking Services.
While the campaign was running, NHS Stop Smoking Services saw a 17 per cent increase in people setting quit dates – compared to a 2.9 per cent rise nationally and a 21 per cent increase in people making it successfully to week four of their quit attempt compared to 3.1 per cent rise nationally.
The campaign also saw:
- 76% of smokers more concerned about smoking after seeing it
- 66% saying it made them more likely to quit
- 27% did something as a result (e.g. made a quit attempt, cut-down or talked to someone)
- Over 11,000 visits to the campaign website
- Two phases resulted in PR value worth £1.4m
“I had been considering quitting smoking, but didn’t really have the inspiration to actually do it. Then I saw the advert on TV and it really hit it home that the woman in the advert could be me and I don’t want to end up like that.” Vanessa W, North Shields, who visited North Tyneside Stop Smoking Service.